Flexilens on Mini-Base UPN91091
This is a hands-free crystal clear magnifier that is ideal for seeing detail when building, painting or any other aspect of model building that requires magnification. It has a sturdy weighted base and a 19.5cm/ 7 ½“ flexible arm which can be easily adjustable to almost any position. The quality 9cm/ 3 ½“ lens provides a 2.25X magnification and incorporates a high 4.0X magnification inset lens.
- Handsfree magnifier for all intricate details
- Main lens: 9cm/3½" diameter lens, 2.25X magnification
- Inset lens: 2cm/¾" diameter lens, 4.0X magnification
- Flexible arm adjustable to any position
This is one item that has stayed on my workbench since I bought it. I have limited space so only those tools that I find useful stay. Here are some of the things I like best about it.
- It has enough weight it stays where you put it.
- There is no frame around the lens so the overall view it great.
- It is glass so if you get paint on it you can clean it off easy.
- You can easily use it while wearing reading glasses for even more magnification.
The Flexilens retails at about $30. I picked mine up at a craft store, A.C. Moore and used a 40% off coupon for an even better price. For me this one gets a high rating. For what it does, it really has no downsides.
Review by Delbert 3/28/2013