Final Details and some photos
Finished up my build of Tamiya's 1/35 scale willys Jeep. I've included a few photos, These are prob not my final photos but they are the ones I've taken now.
Some of the things I've done on this kit are:
1. Ditched the 1 piece jerry can / holder part. I replaced it with a plastic jerry can holder from a extra's spruce from my Academy M10 and a resin Jerry can from Verlinden. Also scratch build a strap and buckle for it.
2. replaced the kit black out light guard on the fender with a piece of copper wire. looks much better.
3. Added scratch build straps to pioneer tools, and spent some extra time in detailing them.. I like how the shovel came out. On the Shovel I first painted it Model Master Dark Anodonic Grey, then a MM Graphic Metallic which was a semi clearish black color over-sprayed with pollyscale dirt and used some brown pigments.
4. detailed up the gear a bit. added U.S. and other text details to the resin pieces and dirtied up the cardboard boxes a little with pigments.
5. weathered the windshields with white and brown pigments for a dusty look. that has been cleaned with a few times.. looks good to me. what does everyone think?
6. and for some reason I spent a lot of time working on the tires.. The tires were painted flat black with the inner wheels painted a green tinged olive drab then a light spray of MM Flat Olive drab and some washes. then I sprayed a thin over-spray of Pollyscale dirt for the dirty effect.. then used coats of 2 different black pigments to bring out the tire color and after flat coating, a light touch of white pigment to bring out the used look a bit..
Now here are the pics.
There are some better photos in my jeep gallery.. these were taken on the quick..